It’s the beginning of July and I was really hoping last week the government would announce I could reopen on the 4th July.
It wasn’t to be! I am disappointed but I really hope it will be soon.
I have been asked about how masage is going to be when I do reopen. Will there be PPE? Do I need to wear a mask?
Advice and guidelines keep changing so I am writing based on what the situation is right now – it might change! I will however adhere to best safe practice guidelines at all times.
Changes made to the clinic room
This week I have carried out a full risk assessment and deep clean of the office. I have also had the room repainted to make it fresh and bright to welcome clients back.
I’ve made a few changes to the clinic room to reduce risk as far as possible
- installed a handwashing sink for myself and clients to use
- set up a cleaning station with cleaner and wipes for cleans in between clients
- stored linens in cupboards and closed containers rather than out in the open
- removed clutter from worktops to make cleaning easier and to leave less places for viruses and germs to lurk
- Waterproof wipe down covers over pillows
How an appointment will look
Advice may change, however this is how I expect appointments to be
On booking in and 24 hours before appointment
At time of booking and again 24 hours before appointments I will go over a checklist with you (either on phone or electronically) to check if you or anyone in your household
- have not been advised to shield or self isolate
- have a fever or new persistent cough
- you agree to me giving your name and contact details to track and trace if neccesary
- you agree you will contact me to let me know within 14 days of your appointment you get a cough or fever
Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you are early please either wait in car or outside to prevent reception becoming crowded. Also do not bring anyone with you to your appointment as this will make social distancing harder.
Please be understanding that I will need to ensure we complete your treatment on time so I can ensure I have time to clean for next client.
Preparing room for appointments
Before each appointment I will go through a checklist:
- Massage couch, face cradle cleaned with disinfectant
- Fresh disposable face cradle cover fitted
- Fresh cotton cover placed over couch for you to lie on (new for each client)
- Surfaces and door handles wiped down
At your appointment
- I will check your temperature with a contactless thermometer and ask you to wash your hands on entering the treatment room
- I will wash my hands
- You will be given a disposable face mask to use during your appointment if you wish (this is not compulsory)
You will be given your own box with a lid which will contain a clean towel to cover yourself with and a glass for water.
I will ask you to put any personal posessions inside this box to avoid bringing in microbes from outside.
At the end of every day each box will be cleaned with disinfectant and left overnight before being restocked.
PPE (Personal protective equipment) I will wear a disposable apron and visor for each treatment.
AFter your appointment
- Linens stripped from the bed and placed into a laundry bin with lid.
- Disposable face cradle and paper towels binned
- Massage couch wiped down with disinfectant especially head rest
- All surfaces and door handle and water cooler will be wiped down with disinfectant
- Window opened to ventilate room
At end of working day
- Window opened to ventilate room
- Deep clean of therapy room. All surfaces and massage couch thoroughly disinfected
- Door handles, water cooler disinfected
- Client boxes cleaned with disinfectant and left overnight before being restocked with clean linen and glasses next day
- Bin emptied and rubbish double bagged and disposed of
- linens taken away to be washed at 60 degrees with antimicrobial laundry wash
I really hope I will get the go ahead to open very soon and look forward to seeing you then.
Enter your email address below to join my mailing list to be notified when I reopen and make sure you hear about special offers
I promise not to pass your details on to anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any time.
My name is Anna and I founded Relax Therapies 5 years ago after a lifelong interest in health and wellbeing. I love my work and helping people feel their best. After qualifying in masage in 2012 I have been studying ever since! I am currently training to be a counsellor.
I am a bit obsessed with curly wurlies and parkruns.
Please contact me if you would like more information.