This September I’m looking at self care.
what is Self Care?
To me Self care means taking time out to look after your mental or physical wellbeing and health.
So many of us are rushing round busy all the time and neglect our most important asset – our health.
Of course work and family/friends are super important but how much will you be able to enjoy them if your health suffers?
Many people worry that taking time out to look after themselves is selfish but we all have finite energy reserves and when we use them up we will inevitably crash. Coach Michala Leyland talks a bit more about this in her blog which you can read here
Self care helps you recharge your batteries and refill your energy reserves so you are able to help others and feel your best.
My Self care tips
- Sleep – experts recommend 7-8 hours a night.
- Nature – go for a walk in nature. Perhaps you could walk barefoot on the beach? Stroll through a forest?
- Connect to others – call a friend and invite them to meet up
- Exercise – this doesn’t have to mean the gym! You could find a workout video on youtube, go for a brisk walk or swim or even gardening can count! Aim to get slightly out of breath for about 30 mins.
- have some fun! Take some time out to do an activity you really enjoy or watch a really funny film.
Self Care September Deep Tissue Back, neck and shoulder massage
Available until Monday 30th September
45 mins – £35.
Because so many people suffer from back and or neck pain I have put together this special offer treatment for September to help you feel your best.
The session includes:
- A consultation on your lifestyle and free posture check to analyse the causes of your pain/stiffness
- A deep tissue back, neck and shoulder massage
- Advice on exercises or stretches to do at home (if suitable for you) so you can keep your body functioning at it’s best
It’s perfect for you if:
- You have a desk job and spend hours hunched over a computer
- You get stiff and sore shoulders
- You find back or neck pain stops you sleeping as well as you could
If you would like to book in please contact me or book in online belowBook Now
ABOUT ANNA FROM RELAX THERAPIES
I founded Relax Therapies in 2015 after a career in HR.
My mission is to help as many people as possible experience the benefits of massage.
I undertake regular training in order to keep my skills up to date so I can safely adapt treatments for all client groups.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me